Array
    Status
    Eatonton GA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55

LED headlights?

Got some $50 LED headlights from Amazon that don't work as advertised. Supposed to plug in without any modification but the common connector on my 3M is positive (+), hi and lo tabs are negative (-). Unlike incandescent bulbs, LEDs only allow current to flow in one direction. The LED bulbs I bought and I'll I've found are backwards--the common tab is negative & the hi and lo tabs are positive. Since the lights are sealed rewiring them's not an option. I could add two more relays but that's a lot of work just to add new opportunities for failure down the road. There are dozens of vendors of sealed beam LED bulbs--anybody found one that works without chopping up perfectly good factory wiring?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Buy a headlight adapter kit with relays. They are cheap and you can swap the polarities in the kit without butchering the factory wiring harness. The added bonus is it will take the strain off the factory harness and direct power it off the battery -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-Headligh...item2f081e61a5

Array
    Status
    Usa
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

led

These are the ones I bought for my Power Ram:
    https://www.amazon.com/Headlights-Re...4x6+headlights

But I see that you have a Mighty Max, which I think uses two lights instead of four (2 4x6 lights?). If I remember correctly, this company sells two light kits and has some pretty good info on how to make them work. The ones I bought came with a plug to assist in setting up the wiring the correct way for vehicles that are not plug and play.

I do have to say that these lights have hardly any focus to them, more of a spray and pray for lighting. But they work for my needs, and they are BRIGHT! If I were you, I would look into something that works with a Jeep Cherokee (XJ) as they have nicer lights that focus better.

Array
    Status
    Yuma vArizona
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    on ebay they sell a 5x7 direct replacement cree style head lamp plug and play i think i payed about 60.00 for the pair the difference is night and day no modifications just plug and play