Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

filter change

So while i'm waiting on parts I started cleaning the interior. This truck had been smoked in and I can't stand that. I've striped everything but the dash and have cleaned all I can except the vents and heater filter/screen. Ant body know hoe to remove the filter from the heater just behind the glove box. Also what is the secret to popping out the vent screens on the dash.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You have to pull the entire dash out to remove those vents, and if the PO was a smoker you'll want to do that anyway. Why - the vent ducts. They will be heavily contaminated. No matter what you clean inside the cab, the cigarette residue will be lining all the vents, ducts and the inside of the heater box too. Wait til you pull a duct out and soak it in hot, soapy water. The stuff sticks to all the airborne dust and dirt in the venting and the end result is

I've stripped out ducting in my truck and a Hilux I helped prepare for sale. It makes a big difference when you get into a vehicle, turn on the vent blowers and it smells as clean as the day it rolled out of the dealership. It is a big job to remove a heater box but it will give you the opportunity to have a look at the heater core, replace seals and clean out anything that is clogging it up.