Array
    Status
    Inwood WV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4D56-T
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spence View Post
    What I determined it to be was actually quite simple and should have been considered earlier by myself. I continued the air blow out method every time it would act up (about every 15-20 miles depending on aggressiveness of driving). Just carried a small bottle of compressed CO2 everywhere I went behind the seat. Carbonated diesel power!
    One morning on my way to work I was driving past a parts store, with maybe a gallon of fuel left in the tank, I stopped and bought 12 inches of 1/2inch fuel rated hose. I removed the hose that went from tank to the hard fuel line. That hose had the old gasoline fuel filter along it. I then installed my new hose. Diesel running all down my arm! Went home, changed my shirt... haven't had an issue since. That was probably in April.
    My first intuition when the problem started was that I had a bad fuel filter. I just changed the wrong one. According to the manual, the diesel model has just a hose running from the tank to the hard line. Now it's that much closer to being a factory diesel truck.
    i missed all the spam posts lol

thats good to hear you found it, you never mentioned the year of your truck so not sure why you had a filter back there unless first gen came with one or PO installed it

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    The truck I have been building is a 1986 Ram 50 that originally had a 2.0 in it. So there's been some adjusting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12