Array
    Status
    Delano, Ca
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Removable steering wheel ?

I've been thinking about getting a removable steering wheel cause my truck recently got stolen but luckily I got it back with out any major damage. Do you guys know what steering wheel works with the 2nd Gen mighty max ?

Array
    Status
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    I'll try to help a little bit. I have an aftermarket steering wheel and hub, but no quick release. Any setup that fits an eclipse (1g, 2g and 3g; hell, I think any 90s Mitsubishi vehicle) will fit these trucks. Here is the one I have:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-DEEP-DI...EAAOSwPCVX2Jym

It fits great in the truck. I would think with adding a few more inches with the quick release adapter you would probably want to go with a wheel that doesn't have as deep of a center though. Maybe? I would probably go with a flatter wheel.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Glad you didn't lose your truck for good, but it still sucks it got stolen. Maybe hide a toggle switch in the truck and bridge it into the fuel pump relay power? That will stop it from going anywhere. A crap steering wheel lock will slow them down too - fitting it onto the steering wheel with the lock facing the instrument panel makes it a lot tougher to remove. Might give you enough time to grab some hickory and say hi to them.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Maybe hide a toggle switch in the truck and bridge it into the fuel pump relay power?
    that,s what i did i kind of got that ideal from the old mad max movie when he had a toggle switch rigged up to blow the car up . i don't have a elec fuel pump so i tied into the Distributor wire. i just thought that is a great ideal anti thief device and it works great i can sit there all day long and it will never run until i flip the switch.

Array
    Status
    Delano, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverjoel View Post
    I'll try to help a little bit. I have an aftermarket steering wheel and hub, but no quick release. Any setup that fits an eclipse (1g, 2g and 3g; hell, I think any 90s Mitsubishi vehicle) will fit these trucks. Here is the one I have:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-DEEP-DI...EAAOSwPCVX2Jym

It fits great in the truck. I would think with adding a few more inches with the quick release adapter you would probably want to go with a wheel that doesn't have as deep of a center though. Maybe? I would probably go with a flatter wheel.
    that wheel looks nice ! Do you have a photo of it on ?

Array
    Status
    Delano, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Glad you didn't lose your truck for good, but it still sucks it got stolen. Maybe hide a toggle switch in the truck and bridge it into the fuel pump relay power? That will stop it from going anywhere. A crap steering wheel lock will slow them down too - fitting it onto the steering wheel with the lock facing the instrument panel makes it a lot tougher to remove. Might give you enough time to grab some hickory and say hi to them.
    I don't know how to add the toggle switch but that's a good idea ! I do have a club but I always forget to put it on so most of the time it's just sitting on my passenger seat lol

Array
    Status
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Bridging a toggle switch into the power for the relay is easy enough, but recently I have been looking at emergency fuel cut-off switches as an alternative. They disable the power when a car/truck experiences a hit or a roll over. I'm not sure if they can be manually tripped to act the same way as it would if involved in a collision and disable the fuel relay.

Array
    Status
    Delano, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Oh okay I like the way that looks I think I might just go with that. Does the steering wheel stick out a lot more than the stock or no ?

Array
    Status
    Delano, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Bridging a toggle switch into the power for the relay is easy enough, but recently I have been looking at emergency fuel cut-off switches as an alternative. They disable the power when a car/truck experiences a hit or a roll over. I'm not sure if they can be manually tripped to act the same way as it would if involved in a collision and disable the fuel relay.
    Haha yeah that sounds really tricky and I wouldn't know anything about it but if there's a will there's a way ! Or a YouTube on how to do it lol

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmeaddem View Post
    Haha yeah that sounds really tricky and I wouldn't know anything about it but if there's a will there's a way ! Or a YouTube on how to do it lol
    it really is simply one hot wire cut into add in toggle switch and your done one flip of the switch will kill the power the other way will allow power. you can add a toggle switch into any wire all a toggle switch does is turn off and back on just like a light switch in a house.
    1111.jpg

Array
    Status
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmeaddem View Post
    Oh okay I like the way that looks I think I might just go with that. Does the steering wheel stick out a lot more than the stock or no ?
    It's close to the stock wheel location, it might come forward about an inch more, but like I said, that's without the extra distance of a quick release. The handle diameter (wheel? Rim? Whatever the part you actually hold is called) is smaller, it fits just inside the stock wheel rim.

Array
    Status
    Delano, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw View Post
    it really is simply one hot wire cut into add in toggle switch and your done one flip of the switch will kill the power the other way will allow power. you can add a toggle switch into any wire all a toggle switch does is turn off and back on just like a light switch in a house.
    1111.jpg
    Oh okay I get it now I think I'll do that. Thanks man

Array
    Status
    Delano, Ca
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    It's close to the stock wheel location, it might come forward about an inch more, but like I said, that's without the extra distance of a quick release. The handle diameter (wheel? Rim? Whatever the part you actually hold is called) is smaller, it fits just inside the stock wheel rim.
    Okay man cool I'll make sure to weigh out my options and update what I go with ��