Thread: Help figuring out power steering.

Array
    Status
    az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Help figuring out power steering.

Okay. quick background on the truck. had a g54b. Now it has 4g64. the motor i purchased did not have all the accessories on it, specifically the power steering pump and bracket and I cant remember if it had the harmonic balancer or not... Flash forward to today. I have a balancer on it that may have been off the 54b motor (both pullies are the same diameter), an Alternator that may or may not be the correct one for the motor (54B motor), and a water pump pulley that I know is not correct (it is actually the pulley that goes behind the water pump/alt belt for the 4g63 motor out of a FWD car, water pump to power steering way too small for what it needs to be). Now I made the concoction work just so that I was able to start it up and make sure it was running correctly. I still need to figure out the PS on the truck but as none of that stuff came on the engine I am not really sure what I need to make everything work.
    I have a pulley for the water pump that I believe is the correct one but after trying to install it I feel I may have the wrong water pump, the pulley hits the timing belt cover long before it touches the water pump pulley flange.

Can anyone take a good picture of how all the pullies should be arranged and what they look like and how the belt is routed on the motor so I can see exactly what I am missing.

91 or newer with power steering If you also have AC that would be awsome.

Thank you.
    Mike.

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I have a 1990 one ton with the 4G64 and it has both A/C and power steering. I have it all apart right now in order to replace the head gasket but when I hook everything back up I'll take a picture of the belt routing and post it.

Array
    Status
    Illinois
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Hey Metz, would you mind throwing me those same pictures as well? I'm trying to get a power steering conversion going on my '90. Any pics would be much appreciated!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The FWD pulleys all have different offsets. But this is a good thing in your case. If you use the water pump pulley from the FWD 4G63 that also has the power steering pump, fitting the FWD pump 'should' be easy. It should mount high up from a couple of mounting bolt holes in the head. This part I'm not sure of - power steering pump pulley offset. It runs it's own independent belt off the driving pulley mounted to the water pump pulley. I guess you are also converting to electric thermo fan as the FWD water pump snout is way too short for the clutch fan...