Array
    Status
    Martinsburg, WV
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Hello

I bought a 88 ram 50 2.6 rwd with 212,000 about 2 months ago. I have already done basic tune up and swapped the carb to a genuine Weber. Looking to rebuild motor, tranny, port and polish on the head. Once I get some money saved up. For now it's running great except in the really cold like 20's. It sputters on hills when its that cold.
    P.S. I tried to post this earlier but I didn't see it so I'm trying again sorry if it double post

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    you need to adjust the choke so it stays closed longer - it either isn't closing all the way, or opening too soon. To adjust it, loosen the screws on the choke housing, and with the air cleaner off and the motor cold, turn the choke cover until the choke plate closes all the way. When it is set right, you should push the pedal to the floor once, start the truck, it should go into high idle (above 2K rpm) then 1 tap on the pedal should drop it to fast idle. Welcome to the forum - we need pics - condition not important.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome, Lbuttsm91 !

You're not far away from me. In fact, I used to go to Martinsburg for an FM radio stint, the former wkmz 95.7. (LONG time ago!)

Indeed, post up some pictures, we love to see our "family"
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Martinsburg, WV
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Awesome guys thanks for the fast reply. I will look into that tomorrow since we are with the family all day for the Holliday. I will also post some pics once I figure that out as well. Happy thanksgiving and again thank you

Array
    Status
    Martinsburg, WV
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I changed the setting and it seems to have a better response to throttle now just gotta wait till it gets really cold again and see what happens.