Array
    Status
    Howard, OH
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Brand new to this!

I bought a fairly clean 1986 Dodge Ram 50, 2.0L, Auto, 2wd. I have been told the carb needs redone but no one within 100 miles of me will touch it so i am going to do the Weber swap and if anyone has any pointers or recommendations that would be great!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. The Mikuni is not for the faint of heart but it is one of the things that restricts the engines potential (that and the factory tune and the emissions garbage). Look up the Weber threads on the site - it has been extensively covered and is probably the single most popular upgrade for these trucks. First point of call - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...carb-Becareful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get duped into buying a 'licensed copy' (POS knock off). Look through the "Tuning and Smog" section for the various threads but you will need:

High volume, low pressure electric fuel pump (ebay - Carbole 42S pump is a good option)
    Weber adapter kit
    Auto kickdown cable kit
    Weber 32/36 DFEV (throttle linkages are the same configuration as the factory carb, electric choke)

You will need to block off the coolant hose connections for the factory water operated choke set up (easy job). Can't find exactly what you want, ask questions. Members will hook you up with links to info on the specifics.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Welcome I had a bolt come loose on the Weber base that caused me a few issues so Loctite the bolts down to avoid that problem.