Array
    Status
    concord nc
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

4g64 rebuild

hey guys ,I have a 87 MM. I'm doing engine swap .2.0 for a 2.4 ,just got 2.4 back from engine shop ..been thinkn bout doing a balance shaft elimination .worth it????? also been wondering on a different note ,can you run a small turbo/ wrx sti ,on stock pistons and rings ,and if so what changes do need to be made?????? 2.4 is injection

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    You need to change a whole bunch of stuff, injectors, ECU, "IF" you are lucky enough to have a Eprom ECU then you just need someone to cut a custom E-Prom, Balance shaft elimination, is cheap & easy during rebuild, use the Mitsu parts.

List is here http://www.vfaq.com/mods/balance-shafts.html

You should have the rotating assembly balanced, including the Harmonic balalncer, Flywheel and Pressure Plate. You should have had all that done in the engine shop.
    the intake plumbing will have to be fabricated, along with the exhaust....going to use an intercooler?

the swap, well you will need a donor wiring Harness to accomodate the sensors and ECU fuel injection etc... (giving up yet?)

Make sure the Tranny will bolt up, The 2.4 is a wideblock, and IRRC the 2.0 is a Narrowblock. if I'm wrong someone will correct me, but that means you will need a different transmission, driveshaft, the list goes on...What you are asking is not for the faint of heart.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The G63B is narrow. You could use injection from a G63B - but you will still need all the EMS gear, wiring and ancillary stuff to get it going (SOHC 2.0 Galant engine and the throttle body will be facing the wrong way so that would also need to be modded)