Array
    Status
    Toronto, ON
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Looking to buy an 84 D50

It's a turbo diesel with approximately 130000km.

It would be my first truck, mainly for commuting but would also be driving it up to 130 km north to my cottage.

the link to the ad is here: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

I'm just looking for some input: Is this a good first/daily truck? If so, what should I look for?

Array
    Status
    Toronto, ON
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianTeenager View Post
    It's a turbo diesel with approximately 130000km.

It would be my first truck, mainly for commuting but would also be driving it up to 130 km north to my cottage.

the link to the ad is here: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

I'm just looking for some input: Is this a good first/daily truck? If so, what should I look for?
    It needs a windshield and either an injector pump or fuel pump from the gas tank.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Looks cool, bet its rusty around the firewall, sills, and bed seams

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. It appears to be an all complete, original truck which is a good start. The tub liner is an added bonus. Be warned - the injector pump is not a cheap item to replace. I'm not up to speed on the diesels but there's going to be a number of the diesel 4x4 owners on the forum that might be better equipped to offer advice. See if you can beat the guy down and/or get a more accurate diagnosis of what is wrong with the engine. Might be a clogged filter for all anyone knows... These trucks rust in the forward section of the rocker sills (mainly in the corners under the door hinge jambs) and can experience hidden rust in the cab supports in the rear of the cab (this is a hit and miss thing - I've seen them solid as and I've seen them with rat holes in them).