Status
    Atlanta,GA
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Power mod suggestion for stock 93 mighty max 2wd with 4G64 8V motor

Hi all,

I have a 93 MM 2wd with a 4g64 motor on it. Truck has around 200k miles. And I have a 91 motor and tranny for spare.

I am wondering what i can do to increase HP with minimal budget. I believe stock motor only has around 100HP.

NOS? Turbo kit? Any existing Turbo kit for this motor? rebuild my spare motor?

Any suggestions or proven recipe ?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There are a couple of things you can do but you need to have a goal on paper. What do you call a budget (how much cash is burning a hole in your pocket?) Due to your truck being EFI chasing power isn't going to be cheap but if you are prepared to do some of the work yourself you can make some useable gains. Buy a set of good headers - they will improve torque and top end. Add a decent flowing exhaust to the headers (needs to be 2.25 - 2.5" diameter pipework) Take off the head and port it yourself (sounds scary but you can do it with some basic tools like a power drill and flexi drive, a hobby die grinder and most of the flap sanding drums and grinding stones you can buy off the shelf anywhere - DO YOUR RESEARCH as you can take metal off but it's a little harder to put it back on...) The OBD system in your truck uses a distributor and can be altered to improve mid range and top end power just by adjusting the timing - this one is a freebie and only takes your time. Over that you can look at a 16v head and all the ancillary gear (they came in single and twin cam variants) Check this site out for info -

http://projectzerog.com/sohc-dohc.shtml