Array
    Status
    clovis nm
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Other

water in oil

I just replaced my water pump a couple of day ago on my 88 dodge ram 50 with a 2.6lt but now i just found water in the oil it was not there before i replaced it. does any one have any ideas as to what would have caused this.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    The usual path is a blown head gasket or cracked block. If it was running normally when you changed the pump then I suspect it happened when you did that. I do not remember if this applies to the mighty ram but on my Dakota the front of the oil pan is exposed or only covered with a bit of rubber when you have the TC cover off to do the WP. If that is also true of the might rams then you could have let coolant drip down into the front of the oil pan. Wish I could be more helpful. Some other guys on here know a lot more than I do they'll speak up when they login.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    85ram50 has a good idea on this. You have to change the oil, anyway, so why not do that first, and see if the problem comes back? If it doesn't, then you can be fairly confident that you simply slopped water into the oil during the repair. However, if you relaced the water pump because the engine overheated, there may be other problems.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.