Array
    Status
    sw idaho
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

4g64 cylinder head

have a 2d gen ram 50 2.0 with a cracked head, pulled and had a 1990 2.4 sohc on hand , had it machined (bored, crank rework, new pistons etc) but when the machine shop got to the head it was cracked. does anyone know a good source for a new casting (preferably) that's not really expensive. prefer not to mess around with a used head if i don't have to. thanks

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    try Odessa heads on ebay - they have heads for many vehicles
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Hagerstown, MD
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Speaking of 4G64, what's the recommended procedure, if any, for putting a SOHC 16V stock Eclipse head on, say, a 1993 2.4L Mitsi block? I'm not a devotee of freaky, roaring power, or lowering, or turbo-ing, or any of that fck-em-truck stuff. Just want a solid, small, utility pickup with a little more power than 92HP. I've looked around -- if it's doable, it isn't done much. Not that being a 25-year old engine design makes a difference, I suppose. I know the 16V is interference, and 8V is not. Haven't checked a head gasket for match-up. Tnx -- mc

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I don't think they're compatible. The eclipse intake/exhaust sides are opposing directions when compared to the 4G64 truck SOHC head. There are some ancillaries on the read of the eclipse head as well but I'm not sure whether or not they can be relocated for a RWD application.