Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Hello hello

Hi all, I'm new here.

I've just bought a 1987 Mighty Max (base model, I think), and I love this truck already. This is my first pickup truck, but I've been a fan of oddball/uncommon trucks like the Mighty Max (and Isuzu Pup etc) for a long time.

Thanks for having the http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...and-do-it-ASAP post stickied! This is exactly the sort of info I was hoping to find here. I'm generally pretty handy with cars and am excited to do some work on this truck.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. These trucks are interesting. There were haters that didn't consider them to be 'real' trucks and questioned their durability (mostly from poor maintenance) but people who've owned them or knew someone who owned one from new will try to get their hands onto one. They are simple in design and construction and with regular maintenance will take a fair amount of abuse before quitting on you. And they are a heap of fun. Is this a project build or going to be a workhorse/daily driver etc?

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    This truck will be mostly for weekend trips to Home Depot (my wife and I just bought our first house, and we have lots of yard and garden projects planned).

Here's a picture of the truck with my usual co-pilot.

truck.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You got a full hand - wife, house, dog and truck. The truck is gonna be your next best buddy for all the above (well, maybe not so much for your wife when you spend half your time under the truck, but she'll warm to it). The fact that it's running is more than half the battle won as most members who've joined the site start their thread with "my truck isn't running - need help!!?!"

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks for taking the time to make this thread and help keep these trucks far away from the junkyard.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Welcome, you will find the majority of bolts used on these trucks are coated to prevent rusting so that is a blessing on trucks that are this old. I have 3 now and love working on them. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice this place is very helpful folks and the people are knowledgeable!