Array
    Status
    North Carolina
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

2wd extended cab buckets in 4wd regular cab

My son has a 1989 Dodge Ram 50 4x4 regular cab with a factory bench seat. We grabbed some bucket seats from a 1988 Mitsubishi 2 wheel drive extended cab.

The seat mounting points are similar, but the two rear mounting points are further back on the bucket seats. The 4x4 floor also more elevation on the center front mounting point.

Did 4x4 trucks ever come with bucket seats? Has anyone ever modified the extended cab 2 wheel drive truck seats to go into a 4 X4 regular cab?

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    I have a 88 D50 Ext cab 4X4 with buckets they look factory to me I don't see any rigging to fit them in there. Same gray weave material and storage on the sides so maybe check out the 88 year and see what you can find.

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I pulled a pair of factory buckets out of a well optioned standard cab Ram 50 4x4. The seats were kind of crummy, but the brackets bolted to a nicer set of buckets from an extended cab Ram 50.

For reference the 2WD automatics have the same hump in the center tunnel that the 4x4s do. You can't mix and match brackets between short cab and long cab, or between 2WD manual and 4x4 or 2WD auto.

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    You would need to find seat brackets for a 2wd 4x4 with the same transmission. The seats should be interchangeable between all the brackets. The brackets are truck specific.