Array
    Status
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Upgrade Suggestions

I have a 1990 MM but the 2.4L has been swapped for a 2.6L.
    I'm looking to add power stearing and AC. I have a 1991 donor truck that has the whole AC system on it and i was wondering if I could us it. Was also interested if their was another Mitsubishi I could harvest the power steering from.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    As long as the A/C is on another 2.6 you won't have any issues with mounting the compressor. You will need the additional crank drive pulley on the 2.6 to run the compressor. As for power steering, maybe the Montero steering box? Once again you'll need a power steering pump that will mount to the 2.6 with the additional pulley (perhaps from the Conquest). There were MM's with power and A/C options but they may be a little thin on the ground to find.

Array
    Status
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Thanks for the reply. I have a pulley but not the compressor mount. Would love to see a picture of where they located the mount on the 2.6L. I can make one if needed. I was thinking of the Montero also but I will have to locate one first and take a look

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    it is mounted on the drivers side above the alternator - depending on the compressor, it can also have the top mounting bracket for the alternator. 2.6 in the Montero would work, or from a starquest will also be good. You will also need a 3 groove crank pulley to make the compressor work - the add on truck A/C has a bolt on 3rd pulley, the starquest is a one piece crank pulley.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I have a 2 groove pulley now. The inside groove hOlds the belt that runs the water pump and alternator. The outside groove is not in use.

Array
    Status
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Could I move the 2.6 alternator to the passenger side on the 2.6 and use the mounting hardware and compressor from my 2.4 on the driver side? Just spit balling b/c i've never added ac to one of these trucks that didn't already have it.

Array
    Status
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    The truck I'm working on belonged to my Dad. He did a lot of mods over the years and I wasn't involved in all of them. He swapped the 2.4 out for a 2.6 b/c he use to race 2.6L Sapporo's in modified mini class dirt track racing. He parked the truck inside around 2011 and sold the cylinder head to a young kid who had been bugging him for it. It had valve and port work along with a dirt track racing grind on the camshaft. I bought a new non jet valve head with a stock cam to button it back up. Rebuildin the fuel system and weber at the moment. Truck has a long tube header and custom exhaust also. I'm not sure where he got the motor but I guess it could be a Starquest engine. Outside of pulling the oil pan I'm not sure.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    ask dad what was his preference as a 'good' effective cam that delivered the performance in dirt track racing
    Good cams r somewhat of a rarity with starions, from what I see

Array
    Status
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Dash , I would love to ask him but he passed away 2 years ago this month.

Array
    Status
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I tried to track down the guy who bought the head but no one knew his name, they just remembered him by face. I was wanting to get the grind number off the cam and have another made. My Dad's Saporro's dominated his class in local dirt track events. I've got 12 or 13 winners trophies from just one season.
    After 3 years the local track removed the Saporro body and 2.6 engine from the books so he could not run it anymore.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by dadsmax View Post
    I tried to track down the guy who bought the head but no one knew his name, they just remembered him by face. I was wanting to get the grind number off the cam and have another made. My Dad's Saporro's dominated his class in local dirt track events. I've got 12 or 13 winners trophies from just one season.
    After 3 years the local track removed the Saporro body and 2.6 engine from the books so he could not run it anymore.
    Sounds like someone in the committee didn't like losing. Kinda ruins it for everyone.

Array
    Status
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Anyone know where I can source a a/c compressor bracket for a 2.6? Im gonna try and use the a/c system from my 2.4 but the mounting bracket is different. Hell, if I could just get dimensions I would make one.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You should be able to use the A/C mount from a Starquest/Conquest if you can't find one from a MM.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    try the starquest classifieds. May even find one local.
    http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?act=idx