Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Don't laugh :)

How do you check the oil level and fill the KM 130 Transmission? The drain plug is obvious and pointed out in the FSM. I don't have a dip stick and I forget how I refilled it or if I even managed to get 2.1 liters the FSM says it takes into it when I did the throw out bearing. Seems like its time to change it as its been almost ten years since I did the bearing.
    I did some searches but nothing I read had it and nothing else looked related.
    Thanks.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    You probably put the fluid in through the shifter housing. There should be a fill bolt on the side of the trans. Make sure the trans is level. Overfilling it won't hurt the trans.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I'll check it out. That side hole sounds right. I had a hard time not spilling it because I couldn't tip the bottle enough to get it to pour in the side.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    You fill the side hole on most manuals until it runs out then put the plug back in just like you do with a differential on any manual I ever dealt with. If you overfill it you will make a mess causing overpressure and blowing seals out of it.

Most quart gear lube bottles are made to fill that small hole by squeezing it, but some require a suction gun (looks like a big syringe) that is easier and about 8-10 bucks at the parts store.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Use a tube and a squeeze bottle - it will make your life a whole lot easier. Yeah don't ever make the mistake of filling the trans through the shifter hole and not have the filler plug on the side of the trans removed first (one way to do it if it seems to be too hard to get under the truck and keep it level)

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    If you have it out you can fill the trans then just level it on the ground it won't have a place to leak but the transfer case will leak I have a spare yoke I keep on the rear shaft and tip the front axle 4X4 shaft up to keep that from leaking. The only way to fill from the top is to know the recommended capacity of the trans and only add that amount but the side hole and suction gun are easy also just a messy ordeal.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks for the assist. I will update when I have time to get to it.