Thread: Door window seal (wiper) source? Any ideas?

Array
    Status
    Athens, Georgia, USA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55

Door window seal (wiper) source? Any ideas?

I've got a 1984 mighty Max turbo diesel four-wheel-drive five-speed. Runs like a champ! Only problem is rain gets in when it runs down the outside of the window on the drivers and passenger doors and the seal is old and shrunken and doesn't stay tight to the glass.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I've found the glass scrapers from the earlier B series Mazdas / Ford pick ups will work. They need trimming down but the added bonus is they use plastic clips not metal ones like the MM/rams. So if you're missing the clips there's an easy to source alternative.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    It should drain out the drain holes in the bottom of the door. Do you have water in the cab? That might be due to the windshield or the cowl drain being plugged up. I have found that the cowl drains down the back tail of the fenders. Over time that fills up with debris and then water in the cowl seeks other paths ending up in the cab via the firewall and the fender gets rusted out. Its a couple 10mm bolts at the bottom and a couple bolts in the wheel well to free the tail of the fender from the plastic wheel well and you can pull the bottom away from the truck a couple inches and the junk will fall out then stick a brush or you hand up there to clean it out. There is also an issue with the windshield gaskets drying out or decaying in some way and allowing water in.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    I've found the glass scrapers from the earlier B series Mazdas / Ford pick ups will work. They need trimming down but the added bonus is they use plastic clips not metal ones like the MM/rams. So if you're missing the clips there's an easy to source alternative.
    I only realised today that modifying the glass scraper relates to my truck as I have those annoying tilt-out vent windows. Otherwise they are pretty much a perfect fit for ram50's etc.

Array
    Status
    Athens, Georgia, USA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55
    Thanks everybody! I will clean out the cowl drains today. I will also order the Ford wipers and try them out. I will report my findings ASAP. Thanks again!

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    If it doesn't work out and you can try Mike Warme. Go to his page on this site and get his number to text him. he also has an eBay page but I forget his handle on eBay.