Array
    Status
    Killeen, Texas
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Engine Swap

Hello everyone. I am new to the site. I just bought a 1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max standard cab, 4 cylinder, 5 speed. I was really wanting a extended cab. I actually found one. It is a 1988 with automatic but just has the block of the engine. I was going to pull the engine out of the 1994 and install it in the 1988. I happened to find this site and figured I would give it a try. Anyways was wondering why I need to do to make this work?

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    What's the swap? What trans are we talking here auto or stick the center humps are different between the autos and manual transmissions. It might be easier to put a 4X4 manual trans cab over a auto cab as they seem to have more space to access the transmission on the manual.

Modifications can be made in a pinch like lifting the cab a inch in some cases. If they are both G54B engines no problems there, what is the other engine?

When I need to see what will fit what I look at car-part.com and try to figure all the parts involved and see what differences exist.
    Last edited by Law Dog; 08-14-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Array
    Status
    Killeen, Texas
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    The swap I am doing is pulling the 2.4l fuel-injected engine out of my 1994 MM and installing it into my 1989 MM. My 1989 MM is a 2.6l automatic and my 1994 MM is a 2.4l 5 speed. Was also wondering if the engine control module also controls the transmission or just the engine?

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    I put a A/T cab on a M/T set up it was a tight fit I thought the auto would be roomier but the manual is actually wider, I added some Jeep spaces .80 that I got from Summit to add a little room. Not sure about them newer ones with computers I avoid them but someone on here will know.