Array
    Status
    Sunnyvale california
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Truck wont start

My 85 ram 50 wont start it doesnt even crank or attempt to the batt is good even tried jumping it and nothing any pointers?

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Other lights working "battery connection", try tapping on the starter if it's locked up, ign switch working?

Array
    Status
    Sunnyvale california
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Lights do work not sure about ign switch how would i go about checking

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Was it running before and have you changed/fixed anything else on the truck? Was it acting glitchy before it refused to start? Does the alt/charge light go on when you hit the key? Start with the fuses, check the main power out from the +terminal connection. Take a look at the starter solenoid wire and make sure it's got a good connection.

You can run a test bypass wire to get it to start by getting a couple of feet of wire and crimping a female spade connector to the end of it. Disconnect the starter solenoid wire from the starter motor, connect the bypass wire to the solenoid (make sure the wire isn't dangling in the path of anything that moves or can get hot). Turn the the key to the on position and touch the other end of the bypass wire to the positive terminal on the battery. It should kick right over and start. This will tell you there's an issue from between the IGN switch and starter circuit. If it's dead there's an issue either with the IGN switch or power going to the IGN switch. I hate car electrics...

Array
    Status
    Sunnyvale california
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    it was running before im starting to think it has to do with the fact i had a after market radio put in and since then iv hade the problem it started at first then it would take a few tries to nothing at all it wont even attempt to start up no sound or ne thing but everything else still gets power is there a certain way it need to e hooked up do i need to add something to help with power to everything? any one know or have any ideas about that? thanks for all the help and check list guy appreciate it

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Check all your fuses, sounds like a main fuse has blown if nothing lights up

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Also do the usual check of all the ground lead connections. They cause all sorts of issues when they are fouled up. Mostly the grounds in the engine bay. A radio install normally doesn't cause a starter fault unless it's creating a continuous drain on the battery (even then it would take a whole night to kill a battery). Have to tried the bypass wire test yet? It will narrow down the source of the failure.