Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B

Transmission Mount? 1st gen 5 speed

So I know this has been brought up before but I cant find any info on it that's still valid. Is there any way to get the tranny mount for these trucks? (86 Ram 50 2.0 5 speed). Or is there anyway to have them remade/rebuilt. Solutions yes? Like I saw that the automatic mount style is similar but obviously this will not fit in the cross beam without some mods.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transmission...tRztYU&vxp=mtr

Like these? I noticed the similarity when I built a Chrysler Galant many moons ago (Dodge Colt in the US). This should be enough of a spring board to finding the mount. Here's another link that actually refers to the D50 -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Colt-P...3D280490119091

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Like these? I noticed the similarity when I built a Chrysler Galant many moons ago (Dodge Colt in the US). This should be enough of a spring board to finding the mount. Here's another link that actually refers to the D50 -
    They do bolt in place in the same spot but the spacing of the Mount where it meets the tranny is different. They are to close together. However I was thinking. Either A. I could buy this Mount and cut the mounting piece from the one I have off and weld it or I could cut the metal on the tranny back just enough that I could make a little adaptor piece that connects them together.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Or you could oval the mounting holes out so it fits. When I did a 5 speed conversion on my Lancer fastback it was the only part I didn't have so I 'modified' (butchered) the holes. Ugly but it worked...

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Or you could oval the mounting holes out so it fits. When I did a 5 speed conversion on my Lancer fastback it was the only part I didn't have so I 'modified' (butchered) the holes. Ugly but it worked...
    I'm not sure how much wider the holes are, it might ruin the integrity of the metal. I'll probably order one soon and try it out