Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

1984 Toyota 22R Sluggish Accelleration

So I have been borrowing my grandmas 1984 Toyota 4x4 truck with a 22R in it. And when you floor it, the truck wants to die, well I found out it is the dizy advance, and it needed to be replaced,so I checked it out and it is the same advance as the 2.6l mitsu engine, actually I believe the whole distributor is the same, it is manufactured by Nippon Denso. But does anyone know where to get just the advance, they are crazy expensive on the internet, I could buy a whole new distributor at the price they sell at. And when you are driving it "cuts out" like someone switches the key off and back on, the faster you go the worst it is, could this be caused by the advance not working also? I swore I would never drive a Toyota, this is my second week, I just don't like the way they sound, and their poor top end, it does have nice low end power though, perfect for a 4x4.

Oh, I also realized that it looks like the "Pizza Planet" Toyota on Toy Story 2, just this one is red, camper shell and all!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Are you talking about the vacuum advance for it? Napa should have the advance for a couple of bucks. If has a carb then it might be hooked to the wrong port.
    Check to see if the cam timing is off by 1 tooth. That is 1 thing that makes them run gutless.

104256.jpg
    Part Number: ECH VC4057
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Yep, but that is over $200, Which is just a little rediculus, I could probaly buy a whole distributor at the scrap yard for much cheaper.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Holey crap. I did not look at the price. They're smoking crack. How did you check or test it? When you suck on the hose furthest away from the dist. does it move the advance plate at all? If not move it by hand, it might be stuck. It should move easily and return via the spring on the plate or diaphram. Oreilly is 151. Go get one from the junk yard.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Actually, I took the advance out and sucked on both vacuum ports, and the arm moves for a second and then returns, I had the same problem on my mighty max before I got another distributor for it, but when I suck on the one farthest away, I can put my tounge on the end of the line and the arm will not move until I take my tongue off of the vacuum line. So yeah, it doesn't move at all, but the dist plate does. That was my Idea, was to get one from the scrapyard, but they don't have a 22r Toyota in there yet.