Thread: When Weber carb, headers/ exhaust, and intake is done, what next?

Threaded View

Array
    Status
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

When Weber carb, headers/ exhaust, and intake is done, what next?

So my '80 D50 Sport is in the shop right now getting the motor rebuilt, cold air intake, new headers, Flow Master duel exhaust, electric fuel pump, ignition coil, distributor (assembly, cap, rotor, and vacuum advance), leveling the suspension, replacing brush guard with black OEM front bumper, removing rear bumper, and installing Toyota 5 lug caps. I hope I can find some decent wheels to put on and maybe get some better handling.

But first and for most, what are people's predictions of the hp and torque? What expectations should I have from what I have done so far, including what's being done now? Aside from what I have listed, I have installed a 32/36 Weber Carb, new radiator, new plugs (which are probably destroyed now after seeing oil shoot out from the tube coming from the exhaust), new plug wires, and new ECM.

After doing all this I am curious to see how much power I'm going to be pulling out of that motor. If I feel it's necessary, what can I do next to add some power and help it get up and go?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by OCD Boss; 10-18-2011 at 09:56 PM.