Array
    Status
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T

4g63t head on g63b bottom end?

Firstly i would like to thank everyone for adding me to the boards.
    I've been into dsm/csm cars most of my life and i have done a bunch with them. That being said this is my first MM venture. I've wanted i do one for years and i came across a great deal on a 8/86 (87) truck. I am fortunate enough that it so happens to be a narrow block and was running when i got it (on 3 cylinders). I've since pulled the head and found a piece of valve missing lol.

Ok so to my question. I've searched to no avail. Has anyone here done this head swap? The bottom end on this truck is unhurt and i have a couple heads laying around. I checked bolt pattern and fitment and it looks ok.
    I'd like to use the bottom end of i can and just convert my head over to rwd as all my spare bottom ends are disassembled at the moment. Any experience is appreciated.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    The G63B block is identical in every way to the 4G63T block, except it doesn't have oil squirters.

http://projectzerog.com/sohc-dohc.shtml

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I was just about to reply to your private message, sorry. The blocks(as far as I or anyone else knows) are exactly the same, except the g63b does not have oil squirters for the pistons, but the block can be tapped and they can be installed no problem. Only other differences(not related to the block) are the piston are setup for n/a, which means the compression ratio is higher than the 4g63 pistons and they are cast and not forged, so not as reliable with the heats and pressures of a turbo motor. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Array
    Status
    Orlando FL, Kannapolis NC
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    I was just about to reply to your private message, sorry. The blocks(as far as I or anyone else knows) are exactly the same, except the g63b does not have oil squirters for the pistons, but the block can be tapped and they can be installed no problem. Only other differences(not related to the block) are the piston are setup for n/a, which means the compression ratio is higher than the 4g63 pistons and they are cast and not forged, so not as reliable with the heats and pressures of a turbo motor. Let us know if you have any other questions.

But will the 4g63t valves clear the g63b pistons?

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    rwd crank/snout maybe different. It is quite common for 2.0 sohc starion guys to swap on the 1st gen/VR4 twincam head
    They actually run twincam pistons in their sohc 2.0 as an upgrade, but compression is lower than a DSM (due to bigger sohc chamber cc)
    Good if u staying n.a., but for boost even the oem 2.0 starion pistons r considered 'crappy', so use the DSM slugs anyway.
    All the little things u need to look out for r here; ....too bad many pictures r gone
    http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7433

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle