Status
    VA
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

1st Gen Power Ram Parts That I should Keep for my 2nd Gen Power Ram 50

Hi All,

Well Last week I bought A 2nd Gen 1988 Power Ram 50 4x4. And odd it as this might sound the owner was also selling a 1st Gen Power Ram 50 that they took the motor out of to put into the 2nd Gen.

So they are kindly giving me the 1G as well. What Part do I keep and what should I let got to the junk yard?

I was planning to strip the older truck down thinking I should keep some of the 4x4 bits if they fit the 88.

One thing I want for sure is the skid plate stuff from the 1g it looks so sweet...I hope it fits the the 2nd Gen 4x4 truck.

Any one have any thoughts on what to do?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    save all the power steering stuff from the 1st gen truck, the 4 x4 parts should be interchangeable. the skid plate stuff may need mods to fit. Pictures of the 1st gen would be nice to see if others may have parts they need that you could pull to sell.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Thanks so much...Ill be sure to get that, Ill get some pictures up as well. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    save all the power steering stuff from the 1st gen truck, the 4 x4 parts should be interchangeable. the skid plate stuff may need mods to fit. Pictures of the 1st gen would be nice to see if others may have parts they need that you could pull to sell.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Make yourself a donator and put up any decent parts for sale on the site. Good Gen 1 panels, body parts and interior stuff is getting hard to come by. If you have room hold onto the drivetrain stuff. A good spare 4x4 trans may get you out of trouble, same with a running engine.

Array
    Status
    VA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I will do that... and yes the 1 gen interior loops good... its brown. I will be picking up the trucks this week and hope to have pics up by this weekend.