Array
    Status
    moncks corner , sc
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Hole in my block

So got my weber carb installed and ran it for a couple of days really good. Got up today to go to work and heard some loud clanking, before I could get it turned off something went through my block. It is a 89 mighty max 2.0 m/t..... is there any motor that I can swap out from another vehicle because I am having a hard time finding engines around my area. Or what do u think my beat options are?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Ouch. Not the intro we are used to seeing (normally some random gremlin haunting a truck). If you can find a DSM with a 6 bolt bottom end I am pretty sure you can swap the head and ancillary stuff off your engine onto the DSM block (not 100% sure but someone will chime in and confirm - fingers crossed). Early Hyundai and Kias used 2.0L Mitsubishi tooled engines as well so there are options (*note all the above engines are FWD twin cam/twin cam turbo). If you are looking for a performance turbo build the sources I've listed are an awesome starting point. These transplants are tried and tested with plenty of info available. Not a straight forward bolt in but nothing out of the ordinary either.

Array
    Status
    moncks corner , sc
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Or a good place to get a block g36b from that I can build or adapter plates for my km132 transmission.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You won't need an adapter for the FWD block as they are 'narrow blocks'. Same bolt pattern as the RWD 4G63 engines.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to forum

As geezer mentioned was correct, but you always want to be sure of the block size your working with or on at anytime a major overhaul is done. Nothing like performing a ton of work and finding out the block is an inch to big or too small. There is only 1 inch difference between the 2 block styles and I have seen mistakes that were costly.
    mitsubishienginescw0.jpg
    block sizes and vehicles with our blocks
    Last edited by BradMph; 07-06-2017 at 02:35 PM.