Thread: Will a 2g mm fuel tank and pump work in a 1g?

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B

Will a 2g mm fuel tank and pump work in a 1g?

So i have been thinking about what to do with the fuel pump for my 4g63 build and cost vs performance. Obviously you can run an aftermarket pump but could you drop a 2g fuel tank and fuel pump in it? I mean is there a difference in the tanks they look very similar? Will they bolt up, and how about the filler neck location is it close? would you be able to use the factory fuel line or will you need to run a new pressure line to the engine bay? it looks like factory fuel pressure on the 4g63t is like 38psi which I believe is close to the pump on a v6 mighty max or a 4g64 one right?

Figured i would ask before i tried to source one for cheap.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    they are totally different - otherwise 2g owners would be buying 1g tanks to replace bad tanks. Use the electric inline pump for a starquest - they are the right pressure and can be mounted on the frame rail with little effort. The original line is sufficient for at least 300 hp.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    The original line is sufficient for at least 300 hp.
    So if I'm sitting right around 300 to 350 what's my options as far as a new fuel line. I mean it's mostly a metal fuel line to the engine. Could I convert the ends of the metal line to a high pressure screw type connection or just run a new fuel line that built for the power? Obviously cheaper is better.

Array
    Status
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Also I'm definitely not the fuel pump wizard but if my goal is between 300 and 350hp so based on my math i should need a pump right around 150lph right? Using the factory FPR on the 4g63t. I've read the walbro 190 or the 3000gt vr4 pumps are a good choice for that. What do you guys think?