Array
    Status
    Mobile AL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

95 Mighty Max engine install

I'm rebuilding the 4G64 in my mighty max and slowly tore the engine down from intake, head, then block. Whenever I finish the build, can I install the motor back into the truck with the engine fully assembled or do I need to build back up starting from the block?

Array
    Status
    Owensboro, KY
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D56-T
    Should have no problem dropping the whole motor in, at least the long block anyways. It will be easier if you leave the exhaust and intake off until after its back in the engine bay.

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

engine won'tgo back in

I could use some advice.i just bought a 1990 d50 with the engine removed. The previous owner took it out to replace it, then discovered the computer was bad. started drinking and never put the engine back in. First problem was none of the bolts are there so i'm trying to figure out what bolts i need from the hardware store. second i can't seem to get the engine and bell housing to mate up cleanly. any help here would be greatly appreceated.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You'll need to ensure the clutch plate has been installed correctly or the input shaft on the gearbox will keep pushing everything out of alignment. There's no special trick to it, it's the same process as mating any engine to it's transmission. It does pay to have a couple of jacks handy to raise and lower the engine and bellhousing while aligning it. Sometimes 1/4" of movement is all it takes for the drivetrain to go back together in one hit. There are different length bolts around the bell housing and I doubt you'll find the right bolts off the shelf from a store. Your best bet is raiding a wreck at a JY.

p.s. Welcome to mightyram! Good luck with bolting it all back together and getting it running again.