Thread: Brake pedal makes my turn signal lights turn on. Where to start?

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Brake pedal makes my turn signal lights turn on. Where to start?

Only with my head lights on, when I press the brake pedal both turn signal lights on the rear of the truck turn on. They stay on solid no flashing. The turn signal lights in the dash do the same thing. Please advise where to start. I am currently reviewing schematics now for electrical. Thanks!

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    No need to view a schematic there is not enough current to "trip" the relay to allow the signals to flash. I believe its a "ground issue"....using di-electric grease at ALL clean connections: verify quality cables (best to go new...cheap enough) are grounding battery to engine block, engine block to frame, engine block to cab (fire wall), cab to frame. Even though the truck starts the ground from the battery to the engine block may not be quality enough (& even if you have all of the above mentioned grounds in place it doesn't mean they are good enough due to grease, loose connections, poor wire end connections, frayed internal ground cables,)....also "if possible" try not to place multiple connections at a single point...hope this helps.

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Found my problem! The wiring for the tail lights was hanging down on the exhaust and melted the insulation. Thanks the help.