Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Question Combination Switch Trouble

I just ordered this switch: http://autoplicity.com/3566222-stand...r-switch-dimme The website clearly says it is compatible with my 1988 Mighty Max under the fitment tab.

I was hyped to get rid of the old unit and replace it with a new one, only to find out when connecting it, it wouldn't connect. The terminals are completely different!

Terminals.jpg

Now, before I send it back, can I switch the terminal housing from the O.E.M unit to the aftermarket(new) unit to try and make it work? I also was wondering since the aftermarket switch came to what seems to be cruise control, will that work on these old trucks? Overall, everything else seems to fit nicely on the steering wheel.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I can't see why you shouldn't be able to remove the terminals from the back of the socket and reconfigure them to suit the MM plug. If the colour coding is the same it should be a case of taking the terminals out one by one and swapping them. Bundle the cruise control wiring together and tape them up - you never know, you might find a factory cruise control solenoid and controller and be able to adapt it.

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    UPDATE: Sunday, October 30, 2022 10:25 P.M.
    I've been wanting to post on update for a very long time and I feel now is the right time. I did end up returning the combination switch because it kept blowing my fuse. I took the old one apart and just re-soldered the board. I believe the correct term is reflowed? Removed old solder and soldered it back up with new solder. Ever since 2017, when I performed the fix, my combination switch has been working perfectly. I forget the issue it had since it's been so long. I think that it had a rapid turn signal blink going on, or the high beams were always on. I don't remember the issue, but I ended up fixing simply by re-Soldering the board. I hope this information helps someone.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Better late than never. Good though you tackled it head on and got a solution - nice work
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Thanks geezer.