Thread: 1981 L200 'ClubSport'

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Those shiny new tyres make your L200 look pretty pretty good..! Thanks for posting the pics...

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Have burned through a few tanks of gas this month. Hauling some new workshop tools about (pillar drill, arc welder, my mig welder to the repair shop and back, and a horizontal band saw. Tortron's engineering opening soon) and I'm getting noticeably better fuel economy than I had. Possibly it's the summer fuel but it's also all changed after I moved the rad overflow. I feel it's running cooler than expected even in the summer heat, and I haven't lost/leaked any water from the usual spot. So I'm wondering if having the bottle lower than the rad and a more inline hose route has improved it (blocked overflow line situation maybe?)

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    New engine keeps getting in the way. So knocked up a sled to move it about.
    With the rain this week I might do some more work in the tray
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181224_142707.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	21420

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by tortron View Post
    New engine keeps getting in the way. So knocked up a sled to move it about.
    With the rain this week I might do some more work in the tray...
    You're getting the leftovers of cyclone Owen. The weather has been out of control the last few weeks. Right now in awesome Adelaide it is in the grip of the typical heat we are familiar with. Nice engine rig BTW - amazing what you can knock up with the right tools and some scraps
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net Get perks and donations $15 USD and over receive official MightyRam50.Net window decals

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    geezer -- Australian weather... Thanks to my duty in the US Navy; I was able to see a little bit of Australia & New Zealand... My brain remembers 3 types of weather: Sydney, Perfect, Hot & surprisingly Cold and Geraldton Horny Toad Hot... Overall, in many ways; the homes at the coast near Sydney, were much like the coastal homes in California, USA... The Sydney trains however, old, old, old, pretty neat; made me think of old English movies... But, our stops in Australia were a long, long time ago, 1970 to 1987... The Australian Navy guys treated us better than blood brothers, it was so cool to be loved like that... I thank God for the chance to have such fond memories... Merry Christmas to ya'll down under...

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    My front indicators are some sort of Hella led unit. Not really designed for indicators I think (the ones they used as park lamps are twice as bright).
    My bumper is also not designed to take a lamp housing. If this is original I don't know. The brackets used are home made it appears.
    Anyway.
    I have felt they were not really good enough for a daily driver, and I would quite like to not get t boned. So I set about putting some behind the grill.
    I settled on some basic slim led units. I'm going to slather them in silicon to keep any water out.
    I drilled two small holes in the grill for mountings, which will be hidden with some black painted bolts.
    My loom is a little hacked in this area, so some new plugs for both the new indicators and side flashers were needed.

Name:	IMG_20190119_092250.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	21530
    Current set up

Name:	IMG_20190119_111645.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	21531
    And in place

And all going ( oops, my hazard relay wasn't working either)

Name:	IMG_20190119_120404.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	21532

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hmm, nice and discreet. Geezer approves That front bumper is weird. No cut outs for parking/indicator combo lights. I bought a big kit of replacement harness sockets cheap from the land o' ebay. Just going through all of the connections and fixing them up while doing mods to the harness. It doesn't cover all the plugs but will do the majority of them.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net Get perks and donations $15 USD and over receive official MightyRam50.Net window decals

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    I'm going for deutsch connectors for water protection where possible. The factory Holden engine loom uses something very similar, so I also have a bunch left over from stuff I won't use. The bumper was factory, but maybe not for this truck

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789