Thread: Does any company still make a bed shell for our trucks ?

Array
    Status
    NJ
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Does any company still make a bed shell for our trucks ?

I have my dog out with me ALOT, she's well behaved on rides, but she is a pretty big dog, and rather than having her sit on the passenger side bucket seat in my truck (at all kinds of risk) I would like to put a windowless shell on the bed for her to have the bed as her own area. I like the windowless ones the best as far as looks, but I honestly don't know if I'm going to be able to be picky about style anymore reagrding ANYTHING with this truck. I s*ck at looking for things on the net, so I thought I would ask other people that might know first. The cheaper the better obviously, but I'll spend what I have to on my dog. Anyone know ?
    Thanks

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    You may have to go custom. Which is a great thing. Find yourself a used shell. I've picked up 2 of them off craigslist for $50.00 each before. I did one for my Nissan and 1 for my ford. Get as close to your truck as you can. do some measuring, a couple cut off wheels, some mat and resin and make you a topper.

If it fits the bed rails but is a hair to long, then section it, glass it back together and go on your merry way. Try to find a quality fiberglass one. They will mostly hold their shape because they were made in a mold w/ a chopper gun. So if you cut it a part it doesn't spring out of shape. Then after you do all your sectioning glass back into one piece. Try to find one that is too big, because it is easier to remove a section then it is to try and build a section

Array
    Status
    Payette, ID
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I would sell you my shell, lol. Its 1ft taller than the cab though, but you dog wont hit its head on the ceiling, and its insulated!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    2nd gen short bed ram 50s are the same as a short bed second gen s10 in both dimensions - just attach and go.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    my canopy came off a toyota tacoma and it fits great.

Array
    Status
    NJ
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    2nd gen short bed ram 50s are the same as a short bed second gen s10 in both dimensions - just attach and go.
    WELL, THAT"S good news !! That opens up a WHOLE new world of possibilities !!