Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Baker Dual Shock kit alternative shocks

Was playing around with the applications for the Baker dual shock kit. I mounted the Baker shocks.Very stiff a definite for high speed off road control.Retro-fitted a set of Rancho RS5006. This shock has a softer valuing for trucks with dual shock applications. Frankly, a better choice for street driven trucks. If anyone wanted to run these in the red Baker color, the basic color match is Rustoleum Lobster Red color. I also added urethane bushings in black color. If installed correctly, the shock change is about 10 minutes each side.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    where's the pics - not nice to tease us like that...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Ohio
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Pictures please! My suspension is so stiff right now and my back hates me.

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    In the gallery, under Yamahlr's Hot Ram truck posted by pennyman(not sure how to post photos....). I took all Rancho decals off,then sanded,primed and a friend who was painting his Porsche a bright yellow color sprayed them for me. Paint he used is ultra expensive Glasurit. Probably best painted shocks... The shocks in orig. position are the ARB Old Man Emu from Australia. Torsion bars are Sway A Way with the Baker extended travel a arms and beefed up sway bars W/urethane bushings.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahlr View Post
    not sure how to post photos...
    Click on 'go advanced' then scroll down to below the posting box to 'manage attachments' and click on that link. From there you will be able to import images either directly from your computer or a website/URL. The images will come up in a mini gallery box and all you need to do from there is select the image and add it to your post. Clear as mud!

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks.As I indicated, Pennyman posted them for me under Yamahlr's Hot Ram. If you need further pics. let me know. Be aware, the template with the kit is for the 1983-1986 trucks and is useless on 1987+ I had an auto restoration shop which does alot or welding +fabrication do it. They did a great job. Cost $$$$ because they had not done one before. If you are in NC area, the second set will do much faster,less $$$$.

Array
    Status
    Central, WI
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T
    yamahlr, is there any chance you traced the parts for the dual shock mod before you installed them? For all the aspiring Baker wantabees? I saw the original post, but there were no dimensions, gauge, or geometry. Seems like a reasonable mod to fabricate. And one I would enjoy having. Posted on your A arm short run interest thread too.