Thread: Weird pice request. Possible fab?

Array
    Status
    caldwell, idaho
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Weird pice request. Possible fab?

Hey all. New to the forum and it's already been a godsend! Here's what I've got. I just picked up an '80 d50 2.0. Previous owner replaced the wiper motor on the drivers side. But in the process, he broke what I can only describe as a spacer? Riser perhaps? Basically, it sits between the wiper arm and the bolt for the motor linkage. It rises the wiper to the right height/angle for it to operate. Without it, wiper no wipey. Soo. Any idea where I can find something like that? It's 2 am so I will get a photo in the morning. It just won't stop raining and looking through the center of the windshield SUCKS!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Maybe put the word out to a member on site who is prepared to put one in the post (or maybe is close enough to drop one at your door). If you have a pic of the broken part it will go a long way into finding a replacement for it (a pic is worth a thousand words so they say)

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Hi, Welcome to the forum.
    Geezer is right on the money. You also could hit your wrecking yards for the entire system if you need to. That item you mentioned sounds like a pocket item being so small. Also, you want to look at the Mitsubishi Mighty Max Trucks, and the Plymouth Arrow trucks since all these are the same truck with a different name plate attached. Many other Mitsubishi cars will also contain many of the same parts your seeking. The parts are out there and pretty easy to locate. If you go to the wrecking yard, grab all the parts you think you may need someday. because it will make things a lot easier later on when you need to replace them. Perhaps if your a good inventor, making something that will take the place of the part you need might make your fix also. I will see if I can find a diagram of the system so you can look to see what is lost.

We have manuals for our vehicles for free download here as well in the manuals section in the forum listing front page. Keep us informed of your status.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Here is a newer model truck, but could give you an idea what may be missing
    wiper system.jpg
    click image to expand

Array
    Status
    caldwell, idaho
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks guys. Calling the junk yards today to try to source some parts. Thus piece is literally just meant to hold the arm up high enough that it doesn't hit the windshield molding. If I can't find one, I may just have to do a cheap fab.

Array
    Status
    caldwell, idaho
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Looks like it's called the wiper shaft bezel. I found some online but, without knowing what the height and shape of the original should be, I have no clue which to order. Anyone with a similar truck that can give me an idea? The passenger side looks exactly like this one.Screenshot_20170425-132801.jpg

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    There are 2 different bezels for the 1st gen trucks, due to the difference in the wiper arms. The 79 - 82 is one height, and the 83 - 86 is another height. Not sure if I have any spares, and the nearest 1980 truck in a jy I know of is 225+ miles from me if it is still there. If you have one on the passenger side, find a 3d printing shop and have them make one - I am pretty sure they are the same side to side.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    caldwell, idaho
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    There are 2 different bezels for the 1st gen trucks, due to the difference in the wiper arms. The 79 - 82 is one height, and the 83 - 86 is another height. Not sure if I have any spares, and the nearest 1980 truck in a jy I know of is 225+ miles from me if it is still there. If you have one on the passenger side, find a 3d printing shop and have them make one - I am pretty sure they are the same side to side.
    I believe you are right there is a certain indentation on the inside that the post fits to. Unfortunately, I ran into an issue where a previous owner cross-threaded the nuts to the shafts so the stripped all to hell coming off. So now I've got a junkyard pulling the linkage transmission off of an arrow so I can see if their compatible. I suppose that's what I get for not being satisfied with have a single working wiper. Lol

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Also because there unlike metals they have a tendance to get electrolysis so they can self destruct when removing them. There is a long shaft and a short shaft. So you should grab all you can including the through shafts. You can swap from long to short, OR short to long.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the arrow truck is the same as your 80 truck - get the whole transmission because the aluminum parts that the pivots go through wear egg shape and the blades will start to wobble. There is a wiper transmission for an arrow truck I have been following on ebay for a while: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231521215503...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    caldwell, idaho
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    the arrow truck is the same as your 80 truck - get the whole transmission because the aluminum parts that the pivots go through wear egg shape and the blades will start to wobble. There is a wiper transmission for an arrow truck I have been following on ebay for a while: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231521215503...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    I actually just found the whole transmission for the 80 d50 on ebay. But I'll be damned if finding these bezels aren't almost impossible!