Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

2.4 to 2.0 swap,

doing a 2.o swap in my 95 2.4 took a dump got a 87 2.0 5 speed its got the hole with the rod for the mech. pump what do i have to close that off to do the mpfi conversion, Im pretty sure i have to pull the trans with the 2.0 I have it all im pretty much just hooked up on the push rod for the now gone pump

Any recommendations to what to do with the 2.4 stuff the trans was ok it didn't grind too much, im pretty sure the head or block is warped

anybody fool with the stroked 2.0 ( 2.1) there's a couple more 2.0 trucks in the yard, or should i swap out to a more modern sohc, ( dohc cost way to much and im not) i just don't want to keep popping head gaskets

Ive heard the ports are smaller on the 2.0 is it worth porting it a bit before the Install

I want to sc my truck thinking about a toyota sc14 where the ac compressor of course

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Blocking off the fuel pump mount is as simple as a new gasket and using it as a template to cut a cover for the hole and bolting it on. If you want twin cam - don't forget to look at Hyundai and Kia engines. They should be easy to find and cheap. Mitsubishi/DSM stuff are almost identical in design to the Korean engines. Yes it is definitely worth doing port work on any stock engine especially the older paired port 4G63 engines as the head casting wasn't great (you want to see how bad - I posted a couple of pics of my 4G63 head during my DIY porting...). It shouldn't need a lot of material to be removed from the intake ports, just a tidy up and port matching to the intake manifold (have a shot at cleaning up the intake manifold too while you're at it). Leave the intake port walls 'dressed' but not polished. Don't open the exhaust ports unless you know precisely what you're doing but feel free to polish hell out out of them (good for exhaust pulse, keeps the ports clean).

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    FYI - Hyundai and Kia motors are Mitsubishi designs, licensed from them and part of the triad's "world motor" program.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I know that much, i see a lot of the kIA's in the yard with the mitsu motors but the intake is on the wrong side or am i mistaken, where the timing belt is on the passenger side of the car, i would have been done this as i can get a deal on all the stuff, what all would i have to grab off the kia's and what years work, Ive use alot of older mitu boards and project zero g but its all different and some of its contradicting, i know 1-2 gen eclipse stuff work but i wasnt sure about the KIA/Hyundai

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Early Hyundai and Kia engines were Mitsubishi tooled. Jafromobile on youtube has a truckload of practical info on the cross platform engine designs. Well worth checking out - https://www.youtube.com/user/Jafromobile

Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    What cars work, Hyundai and Kia and Years?

Array
    Status
    Rva
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    anyone have a lits I know that Eclipses 90-99 are the gold but i dont see anywhere that list all the cars that have the dsm 1/2 g head design

Array
    Status
    RAdelaide South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Im trying to squeeze in an sc14 on my first gen/ 4g63/ carb on the the aircon side and its tight...
    Sc body fouls on the engine mount shroud, damn close to the body, and il have to fab up my own sc intake/outlet as theres no way the original piping will fit in there.
    Im looking at chopping and modding a few manifolds to set up a sidedraft 2"SU for better flow and space, and im more familiar with SU's