Array
    Status
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

Weber carb question

I picked a 86 MM 2.0 auto with a Weber on it. The previous owner added a small electric fuel pump 2-4 psi and blocked the fuel return line. I am planning to to increase the size of the fuel pump (4-7 psi) then adjust it at regulator. Does it need the fuel return line hooked back up to run properly?

Thanks !

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Any reason why you need to have a higher PSI pump and then externally regulating it? Weber carbs only require 3-5 PSI of pressure to work - anything else will cause it to overfuel. If the Weber isn't running a return line and it's running properly, it won't need one now. If anything you need to focus more on fuel flow rates.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Webers need flow more than pressure - get a high flow rate low pressure pump and you will be golden.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63
    Thanks guys,
    It has a 2-4 psi pump and a regulator. It will only hold 3.5 psi and falls to 2 psi after few minutes. The previous owner said the truck wasn't save at hey speed because it would starve for fuel. He put a small filter inplace of the factory unit. I bet that is part of the problem.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by 86goldmightymax View Post
    Thanks guys,
    It has a 2-4 psi pump and a regulator. It will only hold 3.5 psi and falls to 2 psi after few minutes. The previous owner said the truck wasn't save at hey speed because it would starve for fuel. He put a small filter inplace of the factory unit. I bet that is part of the problem.
    There is your issue. The fuel pump is being strangled by the undersize filter. Try a filter with bigger diameter inlet/outlets + hoses before upgrading the fuel pump.