Array
    Status
    chicago
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Another starting issue

OK so i bagged my truck over the last year and the last major thing was wiring the air compressor switch to the relay to get them to work. My truck was originally an automatic and just recently i removed the factory auto shifter with the two wire plug that has a red and yellow wire. I used that plug for my switch to run the compressor. so before i got the wired the switch and removed the column shifter i was using shop air to lift the truck and i was able to start it and move it around. i was able to start the truck after i wired the switch a few times after i wired the switch. i had the key on and the compressors running to test for leaks i accidentally drained the battery doing so. i put the battery charger on it and then tried to started the truck after a while and then that is when it started. When i turn the key on to the run position without cranking it everything looks normal. i then try to start it and the starter just clicks repeatedly. the starter doesn't engage and the motor does not turn over. the clicking comes from the starter relay that is connected to the starter. i changed the starter for a brand new one and the old starter and the new one are doing the same thing. it is a lot of rambling and i did search but did not find anything that was similar.

Array
    Status
    chicago
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    So it's a 91 stock 2.4 but I figured it out. The ground off the exhaust header had broke and was not allowing the starter to get full voltage.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    You have a 3 wire starter?

Array
    Status
    chicago
    Vehicle