Array
    Status
    mass.
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

1991 bench seat replacement.

I was wondering if anyone knows a more modern seat/seats that would fit a 91 mighty max. I have limited access to a welder, and shop to modify one. I was thinking a jeep back bench seat or a couple of low back jeep old model buckets. Any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Gs.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You shouldn't need a welder but your life will be made easier if you have the factory MM seat rails. If you can use a tape measure and a power drill you should be able to drill new mounting holes into the seat frame and bolt the rails into place (that will depend on how the base frame is designed as well). Sometimes it's as simple as removing the floor brackets off the donor seat rails and making adapters from steel plate or angle channel and bolting it all together (or even whacking one or 2 of them with a hammer to align them to the floor mount contours)

Array
    Status
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    I used Montero Sport seats and rails. The outer rails (driver and passenger by the doors) line up perfectly without modification. So, you need 6 rails, a complete set for both seats and an extra driver side outer rail and passenger side outer rail. I cut the mount part that bolts to the floor off of the extra outer rails and bolted and welded them on to the inner rails. I can give you more detail if it's something you're interested in.

Montero Sports are so common in the junk yards around me, that I can find any part i want. Plus, the seats look like they belong in the truck.

Array
    Status
    mass.
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by silverjoel View Post
    I used Montero Sport seats and rails. The outer rails (driver and passenger by the doors) line up perfectly without modification. So, you need 6 rails, a complete set for both seats and an extra driver side outer rail and passenger side outer rail. I cut the mount part that bolts to the floor off of the extra outer rails and bolted and welded them on to the inner rails. I can give you more detail if it's something you're interested in.

Montero Sports are so common in the junk yards around me, that I can find any part i want. Plus, the seats look like they belong in the truck.

Thank you silverjoel.

Array
    Status
    Wichita ks
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Isuzu pickup seats with the mighty Max mounts I took the mounts off my bench and another bench all I had to modify was an extra hole in the front of the mightymax mounts (if you want you can put the extra hole in the back to push them forward) to push the seats as far back as I could and then I had to weld a small bracket onto the seat to widen the track area 1 inch to the factory mounting holes.

Array
    Status
    chicago
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

seats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsprusty View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows a more modern seat/seats that would fit a 91 mighty max. I have limited access to a welder, and shop to modify one. I was thinking a jeep back bench seat or a couple of low back jeep old model buckets. Any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Gs.

I dont know if your still in the market for buckets. I got seats out of a 2004 mitsubishi endeavor. i did have to cut and weld but they were easily modified and can were cut into 4 individual pieces per seat. i could modify a set for you and ship then to you, you would have to find seats from a junkyard. the seats are physically bigger so unless your average size these might be to big.

Array
    Status
    CA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverjoel View Post

Hi silverjoel,

I am really interested on how you did this with pictures? Also, what year montero sport would you get the seats from?

Thanks!

Ricekidd