Moorpark CA.
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T

New 1983 Dodge Ram 50 Turbo Diesel 41k original mile owner

I just picked up this beauty yesterday.
    41k original miles.
    Engine runs good. Drove it 88 miles home.
    A/C works great.
    Body is straight but paint is oxidizing.
    Interior is pretty clean.

I'm planning on replacing all the fluids and doing all the maintenance before I start with some mods.
    Does anyone know where to get a factory service manual?

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Wow, your truck is in amazing shape. Not often you see one in near original condition (other than the paint fade). We have an extensive library in our resource/manuals section. I don't have a direct link to the 4D55 service manual but if we have it, it'll be here - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...er-Source-Info

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    I bought my service manual from these folks on ebay.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Faxon-Auto-Li...&_sid=16948582
    I sent them an email to confirm it covered the 4D55 and they confirmed that it was. Mine was for a 1984. They may have one specifically for a 1983. Just ask.
    Otherwise the resource that Geezer gave you is also valuable and free. You just print off the pages that you need.
    I'm personally interested to see what your AC bracket looks like. My truck has all the AC fixins for a gas model but the brackets are not the same. I either need to modify this one or make one that will work. I might hollar at you to get a picture of it. The 2WD diesel models with AC and power steering are not very common.

Array
    Status
    Moorpark CA.
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Wow, your truck is in amazing shape. Not often you see one in near original condition (other than the paint fade). We have an extensive library in our resource/manuals section. I don't have a direct link to the 4D55 service manual but if we have it, it'll be here - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...er-Source-Info
    Thank you geezer101! Thank you for the link. I did glance over it before I created this thread. I would like a hard copy because its so much easier to look up stuff standing over your truck greasy and looking stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spence View Post
    I bought my service manual from these folks on ebay.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Faxon-Auto-Li...&_sid=16948582
    I sent them an email to confirm it covered the 4D55 and they confirmed that it was. Mine was for a 1984. They may have one specifically for a 1983. Just ask.
    Otherwise the resource that Geezer gave you is also valuable and free. You just print off the pages that you need.
    I'm personally interested to see what your AC bracket looks like. My truck has all the AC fixins for a gas model but the brackets are not the same. I either need to modify this one or make one that will work. I might hollar at you to get a picture of it. The 2WD diesel models with AC and power steering are not very common.
    Thank you uncle spence I will send them a message. The 1983 is pre-emission device add ons. In California 1996 and older diesels are pre emissions but 1984 and newer they started installing egrs on the engines. Hopefully they have or can get the 1983 specific FSM.

Just let me know and I'll email pics of the ac bracket to you. I'll take a few pics later and post them up. Sucks that you cant upload pics from cellphone. It looks like I have to use a host or attach it from a computer.

I'll probably make build thread to keep track of my build. I don't plan on getting to crazy. Just to make the truck better and more comfortable.

Array
    Status
    Moorpark CA.
    Vehicle

1983 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    I replied to this thread yesterday and it still hasnt been approved?