Array
    Status
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Carburetor Rebuild

I am new to this site, and have already found it very helpful. So, thanks everyone!

Now, I'm working on an overhaul of the carburetor on my 1989 Dodge Ram 50 2.0L. All was going fine. Took it apart, removed the float and then went to remove the feedback solenoid valve (FBSV). I rushed the job and the wires broke off the solenoid right at the base. Here are some questions

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement feedback solenoid valve? Is there another name for it that I should be searching? I swear the internet doesn't even know what this is.

The end of the wires look pretty good. Could I maybe solder them back to the solenoid? There doesn't really appear to be a metal connection, just a little plastic harness.

Also I want to replace all my little vacuum hoses. I ordered a roll of hose online and they seem a bit more slender than the old ones, though they fit on the nipples fine. Is this an area to be real particular in?

You may have guessed I have very limited mechanical experience and this is the only vehicle I've ever worked on, though so far I've done all the work myself. I use the Chilton's, and family and friends a lot for advice.

Thanks for any additional carburetor rebuild tips and tricks you want to share.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. As long as the vacuum lines are the same internal diameter as the originals they will be good to go. I can't see there being an issue with soldering the wires back onto the solenoid as long as you have a good electrical connection and you can insulate the join. Finding individual components for the Mikuni carb are near impossible so keep an eye out for another complete carb and either cannibalise it for parts or rebuild it completely and swap it over. You are game - the Mikuni is not a carb a novice would normally want to tackle as they are pretty complex and easy to screw up when adjusting the settings on them. If you want an upgrade that is easy to work on and will let the engine breathe you can use a Weber 32/36 carb. Lots of info on what type to use, installation and tuning here on the site

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    i have this carb that i took off my 1988 dodge ram sport 2.6l about 2 yrs ago a guy was supposed to rebuild it but he had mental issues i like to have never got back most of the carb here is what i have left.
    (email me or pm me)
    if you or anyone else can use any of this i don't want to break any rules by posting a price.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg