Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

My 82' Plymouth Arrow build

ashleys phone pics 181.jpgashleys phone pics 212.jpgashleys phone pics 192.jpgashleys phone pics 204.jpgashleys phone pics 210.jpgashleys phone pics 196.jpgashleys phone pics 205.jpg ashleys phone pics 199.jpg

So this is it. I bought it as it sits. I just need some jump off points! The motor and trans are both rebuilt. My main focus at the moment are the front bag setup and the top of the cab. Sorry about the pics had to use my phone.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Not sure if this will help but I got the full front air ride (brackets,shocks,bags,mounts,etc.) from Truckn.com for around $250 (aim industries). It's a weld in system but not to bad to do.

Front Air3.jpg
    Front system.

The back was the X-member. bags, axle mounts,and misc. other parts.Not sure if it would work for you as I run a 4 link. Again its a weld in system.

Rear Air 1.jpg
    Rear system

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Welcome to the site.

Wow.. Looks like they just gave up on it. I hope you can show her the love she wants. As long as you have all the parts your golden. If not, someone will have them on here or know where to find them. You got your work cut out for you. I have been building mine for 1.68 years now. I'm getting close now. I'm starting to feel it again. Just stay away from the dam video games. They suck me in and the truck comes to a stop.
    Feel free to start a full on build thread in the first gen, fab shop, or the paint booth. Witch ever you feel will best describe your build.

OH and you will find a link at the top of the page to our member only radio station. MMD5 Radio. It's under construction but it will rock. You can request songs or upload music to it we don't have yet. We hope to have it nearly finished by spring.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    The guy I bought it from inherited his grandfather's old pickup and wanted to focus on restoring it. I have a 86 d-50 with a bad engine for parts. I am going to try and fill in the roof with some sheet metal. I am concerned about it though. I do plan to four link it as well. Anyhow I will start a thread as soon as I get all my parts and tools ready. I kinda fell out of the mini scene and did the Honda thing for a minute. Wasn't really my style though. And I completely understand the video game interference! Lmao! Thanks for all your input and keep it coming!! I will need all the help I can get!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I have 3 sets of convertible tops for our trucks - they are nos ragtime minis kits. Unfortunately, I only have the vinyl top inself, no other parts. Ragtime mini was the first convertible top kit for minis back in the late 70's before hottops was in the business(now aim). I have an 80 parts truck that had a sunroof in it; I thought of using one of the kits as a mock convert before I realized the cab was toast. I can take pics of one if you like. The sunroof is intact in the parts truck, but it is too small for that hole. For something really different, do like the street rodders do and use a ribbed roof section from a van or old station wagon.
    Last edited by pennyman1; 10-04-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    What do they do with the ribbed sections? Use them for support?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    When they used the ribbed sections on a van, it was to keep the metal straight over a long distance without sagging or warping. On street rods, they were filling in the canvas sections on Model A sedans and phaetons that spanned 5+ feet in length and 4+ feet in width. On our roofs, its not necessary to have the ribbing on the roof; it was just a suggestion to have a different look, and add strength to the roof for adding a rack.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    That's a good idea. Plus it will save me from having to cut the roof of the d-50. Thanks man!!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Thanks for the donation.
    Once you hit a set amount of posts, I think something like 16 or so, the system will add the donator badge under your name automatically.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Okay so.....the arrow is dead. I hated to do it but it was messed up beyond saving. I am now building a 86 d-50. I will post up a build thread as soon as I get time.