Array
    Status
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

New to the site! Question about Replacing Automatic Hubs

Hello! Very glad to have found this site. I just purchased a 1993 Mighty Max 6cyl and the 4wd does not work so I'm looking for options. It came with automatic but I've heard that its a good idea to replace this with manual locking hubs. Currently the lights come on on the dash when I try to switch into 4wd but is not actually putting into 4wd.

Does Anyone know where I can\should get manual hubs for this model?
    And if I replace my auto hubs with manual what should I know about this and is this something that I can do fairly easily? I'm ok with doing certain things but i don't have much experience.

If not would anyone recommend me trying anything?
    Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    You need to drive the truck forward a few feet in order to engage the auto hubs. When you put it back in 2WD, you need to drive backward a few feet to disengage them. The instructions should be printed on your sun visor, assuming it's the original one. The only thing electronic about the 4WD system is the lights. Everything else is mechanical.

Replacing them is fairly easy if you decide you need to go that route. From what I've read, the OEM Aisin hubs are the most durable choice. Rugged Ridge and Superwinch are two other options.