Array
    Status
    New Mexico
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Kinda new! From New Mexico

Hey everyone I've been a member here for a little while but really kind of always stayed under the radar and just looked around I've had a 1986 Dodge power ram 50 for about three or four years. Originally it was my uncle and not long after I was born he parked it in his garage and saved it for me. I absolutely love this truck to death! It's A5 speed manual 4x4 and basically all original. And there's is in amazing condition it has right at about 122,xxx miles and Runs amazingly although I would extremely hate to part with it I would like to post it in the classefieds to test the water because I know all of you on this forum are lovers of these vehicles so before I seriously consider selling it I would like to hear what all of you would have to To say about it for whatever reason I cannot post in the classifieds right now so I will get my pictures up on my profile for an album and let me know what you guys think or if you guys would ever be interested thanks for all the help!
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    WTF do you want to sell it for? Your uncle held it for you and your going to get rid of it? They don't make vehicles like this anymore and it is beautiful also. If I was you (IMO) I would keep it. You will never get what it is really worth to have as an owner. I just keep thinking about your uncle saving it and his dedication that he gave to it, to save it for you.

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Agreed don't sell it too nice of a truck to let out of the family save it for your nephew since it doesn't cost anything to hold onto it.

Array
    Status
    New Mexico
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Well my uncle has suggested me to turn to you guys about it and like I said if I actually do ever consider selling it I would want it to go to someone can really appreciate it for what it is... And yes I know in the real world the value is less than appealing but I was hoping it would be worth more to someone on this forum.. don't make it sound like I don't appreciate what he did for me but I have other things to worry about.. again all I'm saying is that if I ever did part with it I would want it to go to someone that can really appreciate it and keep it a good looking vehicle.. I do understand what you guys are saying and but I was just wondering what you guys would have to say if it was for sale and what you would ask for it from one person to another that understands what great collectable and cool vehicles these are.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Didn't want to sound sarcastic. I have seen people buy trucks and had their heart in it and then wrap it around a tree a month later. You really have a very nice truck there and if you use it a lot for hauling, you might miss it if you haven't got another truck. Welcome to the forum also

Array
    Status
    New Mexico
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks for your input. And I didn't mean to make it sound like I was unappreciative of what my uncle did for me. Like I said I love this truck to death. But my my my main point that I was trying to get across is that if I ever did consider settling it I would like to offer it to the people of the Forum that understand how rare and collectible that can appreciate a vehicle like this. I don't really use it for hauling hell I can barely even get it up to 70 on the highway I appreciate this truck and I love it. I'm honestly worried about breaking anything on this truck and I don't know how a lot of you do it and how you guys find the parts and fix these things up so like I said if there was anyone that would never be interested in it I know it doesn't carry a lot of real-world value but it might carry value to someone who can love it and appreciate it the way I want them to. Thank you for all the compliments on it I do appreciate that my uncle has actually told me to put it up on the form and see what people think about selling it to see where that might go. Again thank you

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    You must be a donator to sell on this forum. In its condition, there is no reason to sell it - you will never find another one as clean. When my Dad gave me his 88 Ram 50 sportcab truck, it was beat to death, and I got it after he tried to drown it driving it through a flooded road. I got it running right, he borrowed it, and tried to drown it again, then gave it back and didn't tell me. I was not happy. Welcome to the forum.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Damn dude. I thought it was meant to go the other way around (doofus son borrows truck from dad and tries to murder it, then brings it back without saying anything...) I unknowningly bought a car that had spent some time as a submarine - it explained a lot about why it had so many electrical glitches and why the carpet looked like a scotchbrite pad . Triplet114 this is one nice truck. Even if you got a good price for selling it, I think it would be one of those things you'd regret later. One in this condition doesn't come around very often.