Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Question Rear Right Brake not working

Okay, so the rear right brake was working before I started messing with the bumper. I somehow ripped or disconnected a green wire while removing the rear bumper. I was wondering where this green wire goes to?

20170324_121851.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    That green wire is meant to be going nowhere. There's a crimp connector bridging it into the factory loom. Only way to find out what circuit it's attached to is hook up a test light or a multi meter and turn on your light circuits (reversing lights included) and see which one makes the wire live. Might be the license plate illumination which runs off the parking lights or an extra brake light or reversing light. I'll put money on plate illumination.

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    That green wire is meant to be going nowhere. There's a crimp connector bridging it into the factory loom. Only way to find out what circuit it's attached to is hook up a test light or a multi meter and turn on your light circuits (reversing lights included) and see which one makes the wire live. Might be the license plate illumination which runs off the parking lights or an extra brake light or reversing light. I'll put money on plate illumination.
    Well, this is embarrassing, I fixed the issue by replacing the bulb. Sometimes I over think things and forget to check the most basic thing. Thanks geezer for the help, I wouldn't of have checked the bulb if it wasn't for you.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...sometimes the simplest explanation is overlooked as you expect the worst (some call it 'pessimism', others call it something far more offensive... 'reality') Glad it was an easy fix