Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

H4 Headlight upgrade

I've been looking around for upgrade options for a while and found some great but expensive option (LED and HID). Found these sealed halogen lights from Truck-lite and just installed them on my truck They are a direct swap and higher quality from the ones I've seen and read about on Ebay. They are DOT and SAE approved, lens is glass and back is aluminum and comes with the required bulb. I found out they are listed on Amazon, ordered them and they arrived about a week later. Part number 27009, they are listed as 5x7 and are a direct replacement for our H6054 standard lights for 2nd gen. I will be testing their brightness out tonight, also will be upgrading the bulbs later on They look much better than the standard lights.

Here's the link to their site for all the specs:

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...&storeId=10001

image6.jpgimage3.jpgFront comparison image4.jpgBack comparison image5.jpgBulb image1 (1).jpgOne light on image2.jpg

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The picture of the back comparison still has the mounting hardware still on it.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Much better light output and coverage than the Sylvania lights I had on before, I might just leave it with the bulbs it came with.

Array
    Status
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Check the voltage at the headlight and you may find it to be low compared to what the battery reads when the engine is running mine did so i just used the stock wires to trigger a high and low beam relay fed from the battery and now with my h4 conversion my headlights are super bright

Array
    Status
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Also the h4 euro headlight have better light output but are not DOT certified

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Just be sure to set the correct height and direction on the beams, not to blind oncoming drivers. It could be your grandma coming the opposite way and trying to see the road at night, She wouldn't like her eyes getting melted behind those 1 inch thick tri-focals.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by GJLS View Post
    Check the voltage at the headlight and you may find it to be low compared to what the battery reads when the engine is running mine did so i just used the stock wires to trigger a high and low beam relay fed from the battery and now with my h4 conversion my headlights are super bright
    I'll check that out but so far I have no complaints on the light output. These lights put out as much light and as much coverage as the lights on my 99 Ford Ranger. I know that's not an amazing amount but it is a big improvement from the factory style lights.

Array
    Status
    Mira Loma, Ca
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Just be sure to set the correct height and direction on the beams, not to blind oncoming drivers. It could be your grandma coming the opposite way and trying to see the road at night, She wouldn't like her eyes getting melted behind those 1 inch thick tri-focals.
    I made sure to adjust them the same night I installed them. I hate it when people don't have them well adjusted so I didn't want to be part of the pack haha I looked it up on YouTube on how to adjust them properly

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the wiring from the battery to the headlight switch, then to the headlights can drop 2-4 volts, so a relay off the battery to the headlights is the ticket to get them to full brightness. Be sure to get ceramic sockets for the headlights, as 30+ year old sockets will melt with the higher heat output of the brighter bulbs - I know from experience.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980