Array
    Status
    mass.
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Body work, tricks of the trade.

Besides a hammer dolly, and a tear drop hammer. Any one have any good tip for body fix pointers. Most fixes i need to do is for tiny dents from fallen tree branches, and looks like some from hale or shopping carts. Using body fill is new to me, and not ready for fresh paint yet. Biggest hit is to the passenger front fender witch will be replaced, and need a to make of get a new front bumper. I would also like to see any picks if some one has a rat rod type of mighty max. I love the rat rod look but would lean more towards a clean straight look since it is an Arizona truck and in solid, good shape otherwise. Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you Gs

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    dry ice will work for small dents - put the truck in the sun, then using tongs, place the dry ice on the dent - it should come back to level. There also was a special disk for a 7" grinder that you ran over the surface then cooled it with a rag to pop the dents - kinda like the heat with a torch then chill with a wet rag. They came out with the disk because of new cars with high strength steel will lose temper in the metal if heated over 700 degrees F.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980