Hey everyone, I've seen lots of good info on these forums for the pickups, so I need some advice...
so here goes I''m planing on buying an 88 mightymax 4wd 2.6 manual trans, I have 2 questions I need answered sooner rather then later, I know I should search some of this, but I just want a quick answer, so here goes...

A few details first, the truck is not in running condition, but the owner is asking $500, I think it's a steel for a possible swap, the trans was pulled to replace the clutch and the motor is missing some vacuum lines etc, but it all looks like it could be restored with a little work.

1: is it possible to swap in a 4G63T motor into awd truck and still have it CA reffed to be smog legal? I have a lot of spare dsm parts enough so that a swap is possible, I don't mind swapping in a later pickup 2.4 motor or do a 4G63T swap, but I definitely want an EFI motor in the frame, I doubt the stock motor will pass a smog inspection as is vacuum lines missing and a few bits missing...

2: what trucks had the G63B block that works with the 2.6 trans or can I use the 6 bolt dsm block?

thanks, I really hope I get this truck I'd love to have something to haul stuff in.