Array
    Status
    mass.
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Fire wall.

Before I drill to run control wires from the cab to the engine bay. Is the fire wall just one sheet of metal of a double. Also there are some rubber seals from the engine bay. Should I focus on one of them to run wire? Tanks for any help. Gs.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Hey there, Gsprusty~
    I ran wires through the firewall, and I took advantage of going through the rubber plugs. I then applied some silicone sealer around the entry points, just for good measure.

Having literally cut up a D-50, I can tell you that the firewall is flimsy and if memory serves me correct, it's just 1 ply. Even so, with the rubber seals, you can easily find your wiring inside the cab, though you'll probably have to pull the carpet back/down.

My two cents

"Death Of A D-50" in the Gallery shows the cutting up process http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=420
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    It is just one piece except where it overlaps like the wheel well and tranny tunnel, etc... I would try to run it through a rubber grommet already there but you could always add one where ever you want to run the wires, but you NEED to make sure you run one so the wires don't get chaffed/cut.

Array
    Status
    Hillsboro OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    So I Also am wiring in a sub for my Ram 50 2G , I have quickly drawn up a diagram of how I think it should work in paint, but before I start knifing my factory grommets I wanted to make sure that I am doing this right. There is a grommet that leads into the firewall with a bundle of wires tightly wrapped up, I wanted to make a small cut above those wires and feed my 12V though into the dash. Is this the best way, the grommet i am looking at is directly behind the battery located on the firewall.

Thanks in Advance
    -Russeree

Ram50_SUB.jpg

Array
    Status
    Hillsboro OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I went ahead with my above post, that was exactly how it worked.

Array
    Status
    Cincinnati/Dayton, OH
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    That is exactly how I did mine as well. It was a pita to get a true 0ga cable through that and have it seal back into the firewall.