Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

G63b turbo?

I found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222382061733....N36.S2.R4.TR5 . Geezer, since this is probably an Aussie motor, what would it take to put this in a truck? It looks like a regular G63B to me, but I know its a car motor.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Well it has provisions for the truck motor mounts from what I can see, and you would want to cut off that front engine mount that's sticking out of the timing cover just as you would a 4g63t swap. Main thing looks to be the odd location of the thermostat housing and that vapor/oil canister being in the way and hitting the firewall. Seems like pretty easy work arounds though

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    same effort as a dsm, but without the dohc benefits. A running beater dsm donor makes way more sense imo

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    I found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222382061733....N36.S2.R4.TR5 . Geezer, since this is probably an Aussie motor, what would it take to put this in a truck? It looks like a regular G63B to me, but I know its a car motor.
    First up, no this isn't an Australian market engine. The DASH 12v G63B engine was a JDM imported engine that became the chosen transplant for Mitsubishi Cordia turbos. Standard Cordia turbos were fitted with G62B 1.8 turbo engines. The example in that link is an auto. It will need the same treatment for converting to RWD by changing the water pump and pulleys etc (and the added joy of swapping to a manual clutch set up) Here's the interesting thing about these engines - the turbo manifold on them is a 'split pulse'. Apparently it allowed faster turbo spool.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    So is it worth the trouble, or is the 4g63 the better swap?
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    To be honest pennyman, IDK. Seems a little steep for a SOHC engine (but being relatively low miles and turbo maybe I'm being a scrooge) I didn't see the ECU with the deal and you're still going to need to fork out for a flywheel etc. BUT being an auto means...wide block engine. This might save headaches if you have a wide gearbox but then cause other ones (flywheel compatibility etc) Looks like it's been done before and Project Zero G forum posts verify it's do-able.