Thread: My 87 Ram50 drive it as I build it thread .

Array
    Status
    Albuquerque NM
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

My 87 Ram50 drive it as I build it thread .

Hello folks .
    Hope this is in the right place .
    This is my thread about my truck . 1987 Ram50 130,000 miles , 2.6 5spd . It will be part build log and part help thread as I'm a noob about these Japanese based vehicles .

So far the previous owner did the following before trading it to me - new gasket kit and timing belt in 2.6 motor ( think it's all done right ) , thermostat , belts/hoses , dropped spindles and lowering block kit .

Since I got the truck , I've rebuilt the mukini carb , checked all bolt torques on engine , changed all fluids/filters , checked the mile of vacuum hoses , drained the fuel system , cleaned gas tank out , checked the fuel lines , replaced/upgraded fuel filter , compression tested cylinders , traced down a short in the reverse indicator lights , snagged a pair of bucket seats for it , adjusted the clutch ( will be adding a slave cylinder ) , went through the brakes ( needed adjustment and bleeding ) , checked the pumkin aka differential , even checked the wheel bearings , then I got to the important thing ----- I put a snazzy shifter knob on .
    It's now insured , registered , and on the road as my daily . I will be doing a custom build as $$$ is found ( checking couch for change as I type .

Body is a wee bit rough , needs windshield , and my wish list is growing fast
    It runs great , passed smog with flying colors and , is a blast to drive !!!

Regardless , I'm really loving this little truck !

IMG_6104.jpgIMG_6105.jpgIMG_6106.jpg00R0R_aMjHStrVX9B_600x450.jpg01212_gpjLSlQYZaD_600x450.jpg

Array
    Status
    Albuquerque NM
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    My immediate plans are -
    Windshield
    Header
    Make a manifold so I can mount bike carbs
    Dinamat , Carpet and Buckets mod the dash , replace steering wheel , upholstery .
    Fab a console and speaker and sub boxes
    make a hard bed cover for it

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the forum - love to see the mods for the bike carbs - I have a set of hayabusa throttle bodies to mod a manifold for Geronimo.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    This is the first time I've heard of using bike carbs is there any benefit to using these over say a weber or something?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Gives you the ability to tune each cylinder for peak power, and gives a quicker throttle response. The posted video is a good indicator of how they work - they also sound wicked!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980