Status
    Albuquerque NM
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Hello new 87 RAM 50 owner

Hello all I'm Sky .
    Just joined the forum today after a wee bit of lurking .
    Just acquired my 87 Dodge Ram 50 with 130,000 miles , a couple weeks ago . Swapped a 95 4runner with a blown motor for it . Figured I'd flip the Ram 50 for an easier mini like a toyota but , it's growing on me .
    So now I've decided to keep the quirky little thing
    This is my second Dodge truck ever . My first was a 72 long bed monster truck with a 440 wedge . I sold that about 25 years ago .

Looks like some good folks on here . Looking forward to participating here and getting help .
    I've built a lot of hotrods , ratrods , bobbers , and 39 builds of Anglia's and Thames's over the years . Unfortunately my knowledge of Asian motors is zero .

So far the previous owner did the following before trading it to me - new gasket kit and timing belt in 2.6 motor ( think it's all done right ) , thermostat , belts/hoses , dropped spindles and lowering block kit .

Since I got the truck , I've rebuilt the mukini carb , checked all bolt torques on engine , changed all fluids/filters , checked the mile of vacuum hoses , drained the fuel system , cleaned gas tank out , checked the fuel lines , replaced/upgraded fuel filter , compression tested cylinders , traced down a short in the reverse indicator lights , snagged a pair of bucket seats for it , adjusted the clutch ( will be adding a slave cylinder ) , went through the brakes ( needed adjustment and bleeding ) , checked the pumkin aka differential , even checked the wheel bearings , then I got to the important thing ----- I put a snazzy shifter knob on .
    It's now insured , registered , and on the road as my daily . I will be doing a custom build as $$$ is found ( checking couch for change as I type .
    I'll start a build thread tonight if I'm allowed to so soon on here .
    Anyway thanks for the wonderful forum and looking forward to getting to know you folks .

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. If you can rebuild the Mikuni carb on a Mitsubishi engine then you're well on your way to dominating your Ram. The 2.6 is a robust but somewhat lacklustre beast. It does however respond really well to headwork and getting gasses in and out of it. Some headers, the tried and true 32/36 Weber swap and port work will get it up off it's ass. I read your other post and noted your wish list included bike carbs. Check this out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFunG5Ku-fI